On Wednesday 30/09, Heuritech organised the 4th Deep Learning Meetup.
- Charles Ollion (Heuritech) : Deep Learning at Heuritech.
- Charles talked about the use of Deep Learning to do Natural Language understanding at Heuritech, and highlighted the differences with traditional Machine Learning approaches.
- Olivier Grisel & Michael Eickenberg (INRIA) : summary of Deep Learning Summer School 2015.
- Olivier introduced many deep learning concepts, and focused on Attention models, notably on question answering tasks (recent works by Google and Facebook).
- Michael gave us a survey of Generative models such as GANs and VAEs.
- Alban Desmaison (Moodstocks) : Spatial Transformer Networks on GTSRB.
- Alban made a very clear presentation on Spatial Transformer Networks and showed how to apply it to a classic Image dataset (slides).
Then we had pizzas and drinks offered by Heuritech and great informal talks!
Many thanks to the speakers/organizers, Olivier, Michael, Alban, and to Snips for hosting the meetup.